Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Newfound Music!

Newfound Music!


Over the past few months, I have been getting into more music! By music, I mean different artists. Through friends or recommendations no thanks to YouTube, I have discovered three new artists I like. They are Slipknot, Social Repose, and Motionless in White.


The first one I "discovered" was Slipknot. Though I was a bit familiar with some of their songs like "Devil In I", I only recently got into them; looked at their old and newer songs. My friend actually introduced me but I was the one who went deeper and found more of their startling songs. Some people link Slipknot or, for that matter, any heavy metal with "screaming" to "Devil worship". This is not the case. It is an expression of ones anger toward a certain topic. It is also part of our generation. Most people see heavy metal as "noise pollution" too. Though this may be true, there are other factors in life that are more important. Like global warming or the rain forest being destroyed for land and money. Society should really focus on our home rather than the sounds that surround it.
A lot of their songs, especially their old ones, have meaning behind the lyrics. Most "Pop" songs do not have any meaning and are just meant to be popular for a certain time, until the "next best one" comes out.
Though Slipknot may look scary, with their Halloween type masks, it is a way for the band to express themselves; To show what's on the inside. I personally love the creativity behind their masks and enjoy watching their music videos.
I enjoy a lot of their songs. From "Devil In I" to "(Sic)", they all sound appealing to my ears. The lyrics are relateble to most teenagers in life. 
They are famous for their logo of the nonogram. Though some people think it is associated with the "Devil", it is not. It is specific to Slipknot because there are currently nine members in the band.
I have a playlist of my favorite songs. Be sure to check them out! https://www.youtube.com/watchv=9Nt0Cat5RO8&list=PLqJ08hND5rkW_RS2bcmoY6ogHUiU0PMqE

The next artist I discovered is Richie Giese, who goes by +Social Repose . My other friend, +Ash Glidewell , got me into him when she created an OC based on his face claim and started sharing his music videos with me. I found his music appealing and creative, though it is not all that heavy. He performs music covers, like "Call Me Maybe" and "Guns For Hands". He is an awesome artist, though not well known. I hope he is discovered by more people because he is an amazing and talented artist, especially with his loop and accapella covers. He is having an upcoming tour, called the Yalta tour. He recently came out with his album called "Yalta". I love every single song on it, especially the one called "Arctic Eyes". I do also love his song "If You're Thinking Of Leaving, You Should". He has been around since 2014, though his "costume" as a artist is new to 2015-2016.
Personally, I hope that I can see him on the Yalta tour. He sounds like an amazing guy. He also has a YouTube channel, which is how he shares his music videos, covers, and other entertaining thins he does in everyday life too.
Here is the playlist of his Yalta album: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iuke-sNRD9A&list=PLqJ08hND5rkUchKEQITU-wvvSVOoM7xVI
And here is a playlist of my favorite musicc he's done: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qLkVTwyyqBg&list=PLqJ08hND5rkVxyy8l25c5tJ-T-kx3q8rW

The next artist I got into was Motionless In White. Though I vaguely heard of them before, I didn't get interested into them until +Social Repose did a video on how to sing like Chris Motionless, the lead singer of the band. I started watching videos on YouTube (Yes, I spend a lot of time on YouTube) and liked a lot of their songs, especially their latest album "Reincarnate". Before I knew it, I had bought the album and couldn't stop listening to it. My favorites, though, were "Reincarnate", "Death March", 'Everybody Sells Cocaine", "Contempress", "Break The Cyccle", and "Final Dictvm". There were more songs than on that album that I liked such as "Dead As F*ck" and "Devil's Night".
I also found, in videos of Chris and his band, to be hilarious and outgoing.
Here is my playlist of my favorite songs: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bqXuduYAALM&list=PLqJ08hND5rkVeUpHcm3GJo36q91WmgF7-

We must realize that members of our favorite bands are just like us, though they are famous. They were once in our situation and had to deal with whatever life threw at them. Through their lyrics of their songs, they help us to keep going and to overcome society's rules of life. We can overcome them and show the world who we are.

No comments:

Post a Comment