Wednesday, May 25, 2016

CD Collection!

Over the years, I have been collecting cds by my favorite music groups! I don't know if people now a days still keep cds, since people can buy them digitally. I sure to because I enjoy having the physical copy. You also cannot get the digital version of the copy signed, like when you go to Warped Tour!
I don't know if it's just me, but I dislike the papery, thin cd cases. No? Just me?


Several months ago, I acquired a rotating cd case! It is awesome!! I received it at a small sale for a steal: only $2!! Normally, since it is no longer made, it is $20+! I am so happy I got it! I also placed some band decals and stickers on the sides of it! First off, I like to order my cds by artist. It's a pet peeve of mine. 

Let's get started, A-Z!












The first cd in my collection, though it is missing in the picture is The Shadow Side by Andy Black! It was released this year! I had pre- ordered it because I was so excited to get it! Andy Black AKA Andy Biersack from Black Veil Brides, decided to do a solo album, as well as tour, this year. The cd is awesome, as I am currently listening to it! It has a unique sound, very different from the iconic Black Veil Brides sound.
Upon pre-ordering it, I also received a signed insert from Andy Black as well as a free poster! I recommend this album to any BVB fan!


Another cd I have is Dark Before Dawn by Breaking Benjamin, which was released last year. I first heard Breaking Benjamin on iTunes Radio, the first song being "I Will Not Bow" on their Dear Agony album. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjwFe6okyUw
As I listened to a particular playlist, I heard more and more songs by Breaking Benjamin, such as "Hopeless", "Lights Out", "Blow Me Away", "The Diary Of Jane", and "Dance With The Devil", all which I love to this day.
When their new album came out, I just had to get it! Unfortunately I didn't acquire it til early this year. However, when I did, I simply loved it! Breaking Benjamin gave a new sound to this album, unlike previous ones they have released. My favorites on it are "Ashes of Eden", "Failure", and "Defeated". https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hvIa5PAfCaw
I played them repeatedly until I knew my wits end with them. I still listen to them, but only if they play from my iPhone or I hear it on the radio. 



The next cd in my collection is Sempiternal by Bring Me The Horizon, which was released in 2013. I received this album last year for Christmas. Though I had already known the band for about a year, I wanted the free poster that came along with the album. I just really needed it, as I only have 2, including this one, band posters. I listened to this cd several times before storing it away amongst my other cds. I knew most of the songs, as this was the first Bring Me The Horizon album I had heard, though I was unfamiliar with most. 
This is the most popular BMTH album out there!


















After this cd is the new album, Venom, by Bullet For My Valentine. It was released last year!
Because I plan on going to warped tour this year, I had to catch up on my BFMV music since they are playing this year! 
Venom is an awesome album and I love every song of it! There isn't a song I don't love. Also, the cover is pretty badass, as it is holographic! It is not often to see a holographic cd cover, which is something you cannot get on the digital version! 
I have been listening to BFMV for awhile now, but had taken a break awhile ago. Their sound has changed a little, since the lead singer had damaged his vocal cords when performing his previous records for BFMV.
I feel like this is the best album by BFMV and would recommend this to any fan! Since they are playing at Warped Tour this year, I plan to take this cd with me in hopes of being able to meet up with them and possibly getting it signed!




The next cd I have in my collection is The Sickness, by Disturbed. This was released in 2000. Years ago, when iTunes radio was still free, I had heard "Down With the Sickness", an infamous song by Disturbed. I instantly fell in love with it and started to listen to more Disturbed. However, like most bands I heard of years ago, I put off listening to them. Only with their recent cover, "Sound Of Silence", was I able to get back into Disturbed.
Disturbed has a unique sound like no other. Though they are labeled as metal, I would label them as hard/heavy rock. Sometimes media and other music brands mislabel the genre of music. It can be annoying sometimes.




Following Disturbed, is their newest album, Immortalized. It was released last year.
Disturbed has changed their sound, but not by much. The most popular song on this album, "Sound Of Silence", is one of my favorites. I also am a huge fan of "The Vengeful One", especially since I saw the badass music video for it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8nW-IPrzM1g
 Because I was able to get back into Disturbed, I was able to find other songs I just loved! This album is a great addiction to anyone's cd collection!



After this cd is The Open Door by Evanescence, which was released in 2006. I have been listening to Evanescence for years! The first song I heard by them was "Bring Me to Life" on their Fallen album. 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3YxaaGgTQYM
Though I don't listen to them as much, mostly because the backup vocalist has left and their sound has changed drastically, I do occasionally listen to them. However, I am not a huge fan of their new stuff.








The next cd is Evolution by Ghost Town. It was released last year. 
Years ago,  I started to get into Ghost Town. However, because of a breakup with the friend who had gotten me into them, my interest in them ceased completely. Only recently have I gotten into them again, since I saw them on the list for Warped Tour this year. I found that they have a more upbeat and "dupstep" sound to them, which I love!
I really had gotten back into them and have fallen in love with their music again! I also love the art! It's so creative! I plan to take this cd to Warped Tour in hopes of seeing them and possibly having them sign it!


Another addition to my cd collection is Silver Knights by It Lives, It Breathes. They are a new band, just starting out. I heard them back in February on Social Repose's first tour. 
They have a great sound and I just HAD to pre-order their newest album! 
Their genre is a bit mixed. They have that sort of nu metal/ rock sound to them. The band is original as well and their lyrics are on point, and they have an energy like no other! They really like to "go wild"! They also love to meet their fans as well!
My favorite song on the album is called "Devils". It is very catchy and has a good beat to it!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IcJo5XrQOfs


The next cd I have is A Thousand Suns by Linkin Park, released back in 2010. I have listened to Linkin Park for years, enjoying their sound and genre. They are a mix between nu metal and rock, which is a unique sound all together. Honestly, though I regret to say it, I first heard them in a Twilight movie. It was "Leave Out All the Rest" on their Minutes to Midnight Album. (Don't worry. I am no longer into Twilight!)
Because of this, I was able to discover them more and I enjoy most, if not all, of their songs!




Likewise, the next cd is The Hunting Party by Linkin Park, which was released in 2014.
I basically got it because I like the sound of Linkin Park, I enjoyed each song, and this album had a different "feel"to it then their other albums.
I remember listening to the cd constantly while sketching and drawing. This cd holds a lot of memories.







One of my favorites in my collection would be Reincarnate by Motionless In White. It was released in 2014. I honestly cannot remember how I had gotten into them. It was recent though. It may have been a recommendation on Youtube or a song on Pandora, since I can no longer listen to iTunes Radio because you have to pay for it now. Those Bastards!
Nevertheless, once I got into them, I just HAD to listen to all of their songs, old and new! My favorite song would be "Reincarnate". The music video is PHENOMENAL!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CVQC3bx_AXs
Of course I will be taking this cd to Warped Tour in hopes of getting it signed since MIW are playing This year! I'm so excited!




The next cd I have in my collection is considered a rare jewel amongst emos. This band is the emo bands of all emos! It is My Chemical Romance! It is their first album, I Brought You My Bullets, You Brought Me Your Love. It was released back in 2002, when they were first getting started, though this is not the first album I heard by them. The very first song I heard of My Chemical Romance was the infamous "Welcome to the Black Parade"!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kDWgsQhbaqU
Soon after hearing it, I become more involved in listening to them! I mostly listen to their album, The Black Parade, which is my favorite! I also listen to some of their other songs as well!
Because I desperately wanted MCR in my collection, I decided to get this album. A few of my favorites on this album are "Demolition Lovers" and "Vampires will Never Hurt You". I still listen to MCR to this day!


The most recent cd I have acquired is Misadventures by Pierce the Veil. Released on 13th of May, I am already enjoying it. However, because of the irregular size and material of the case, I cannot place this in a slot in my cd rack. :/ Becuse of this, it sits in an empty place next to another cd case, which I will get to in a little bit.
The cd case is actually quite unique and like no other. Although it is the flat, non-plastic kind, it does make up in its cool features.
Engravements are "carved" into the front of cd case and, when opened, it has a pop-up inside, which is parallel to the actual cover of it. Because of this, the unique cd case has troubles staying closed fully.













I first found out about Pierce the Veil on iTunes Radio. The very first song I heard by them was "King for a Day", which also featured Kellin Quinn, lead vocalist of Sleeping with Sirens.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=icXUkIfZxyg
Of course I am still a fan of Pierce the Veil. Last year, they played at Warped Tour and were even going on rides after the show! (Warped Tour was at an amusement park.)
My friend even was in line with the infamous Vic Fuentes (lead vocalist of Pierce the Veil) and almost rode the roller coaster with him and the other members of the band.
Unfortunately, because we went on another coaster afterwards, we failed to actually meet him in person. It really sucked! Maybe this year I'll be able to meet some of my favorite band members!


The next cd is only in my collection because I loved the music in the anime as well as the anime itself! The Best of Soul Eater is another fantastic acquirement in my collection! Years ago, I watched my very first anime, Soul Eater. After finding out about it on Cartoon Network, (Yes, Cartoon Network used to play anime very early in the morning) and matching a few episodes, I just HAD to watch the full anime! I loved every bit of it so it made since when I just had to acquire the music from the awesome anime!

This particualr cd had to be imported all the way from Japan. It features the regular cd, which has a creative design in contrast to the show, as well as another cd, which is actually a dvd, featuring another creative design in contrast to the show. Unfortunately I cannot play it because it is a region exclusive. I would have to buy a dvd player from Japan in order to play it.
This cd collection also featured a unique lyric book, which had several artworks from the anime. I also really like the artwork on the front and back of the cd case! 
All the music is in Japanese, of course, with the exception of one song: Death the Kid's song.
Because this cd was a case and came with two cds, it could not be placed in a slot. Therefore, it sits alongside my Pierce the Veil cd.



The oldest cd in my collection would be The Very Best of the Rolling Stones 1954-1971, though I only listen to "Paint It Black" and "Sympathy for the Devil".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O4irXQhgMqg
I first heard of the Rolling Stones from a nightcore version of "Paint It Black", though I was too in love with the nightcore version to see who the real artist was.
Later on, my friend had gotten me more into the Stones. I like the song "You Can't Always Get What You Want" as well!
The Stones have been around for a long time! They are still kicking and performing in performances! I hope that I may be able to see them one day in concert, though the tickets are VERY expensive!


The next cd I have in my collection is Feel by Sleeping with Sirens, which was released in 2013. Like most ways I used to find new music I loved, I first heard Sleeping with Sirens on iTunes Radio. The first song I heard by Sleeping with Sirens was "If You Can't Hang" off the Let's Cheers To This, not from the Feel album.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PmMQw5yza9o
Later on I listened to more and more Sleeping with Sirens. Similar to the Sempiternal album by Bring Me The Horizon, this one also had a mini poster, which is the main reason I bought it. As I listened to the cd, though, I really enjoyed the music on it, especially "Free Now" and "Congratulations". Though not often, I occasionally listen to this album by Sleeping with Sirens.



Because I like Sleeping with Sirens so much, I just had to get another album. Like the previous album, it only has one word. It's Madness, released just last year.
I enjoyed a few of the songs on the album, including "We Like It Loud" and "Better Off Dead"
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sUkX_nrtKxk
This year Sleeping with Sirens are playing at Warped Tour! I am so excited, as I have never seen them live, and will most likely bring both my cds with me in hopes of getting either one or both signed! 
I might even get their newest album, Live and Unplugged, though I am not a huge fan of live music. Who knows! Maybe it'll somehow end up in my collection!

After this cd is All Hope Is Gone by Slipknot, released in 2008. The first song I heard was "Devil In I", a long from their latest album, .5: The Gray Chapter.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XEEasR7hVhA
Like Venom, the front of this album is holographic, which is not something you see everyday. 
This is also the last album Paul Gray performed in, who was the original bassist for Slipknot. On  May 24, 2010, he died from a drug overdose of morphine and fentanyl. In earlier years, Gray had previously had issues with drugs but, with his wife's support, was able to combat his abuse with them. However, according to his wife, she didn't know when he got back into drugs, and that was six weeks before he had died (Grow, Kory. “Slipknot Bassist Paul Gray’s Widow Recalls Grim Final Days in Court”. Rolling Stone. N.p., 23 Apr. 2014. Web. 25 May 2016.)
It really sad that this had happened, and that Slipknot lost one of its original band members. This album is a tribute to Paul Gray. Corey Taylor, the lead vocalist of Slipknot, has a tribute tattoo on the back of his left calf on his leg. It is a beautiful tattoo and the guy, Tim Hendricks, did an awesome job on it! 
I have been listening to Slipknot for quite some time now. From the new to old, I like most of their songs! They are also touring this year with Marilyn Manson and Of Mice & Men. Unfortunately I won't be able to go since I'm going to Warped Tour this year, and I would not have anyone to go with.

The next four cds are from the same artist. The first one I have, which are ordered by the earliest date, would be Reckless Closure, by Social Repose, which was released in 2013. Social Repose is only his artist name for his records. His real name is Richie Giese and he has been performing for awhile. However, he hadn't gotten an official outfit until his performance with Yalta.
I first got into Social Repose because of a friend. The first song I heard, though not on this album, was "Demons", on the latest album, Yalta. Another song I heard was "Arctic Eyes" which was on the Yalta album as well.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n8uU4JHbw5M
Though I haven't listened to this cd much, my favorite song on this album would have to be "Floor Boards".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yHXjR6vgWeU


The next album I have by Social Repose is called Crazy Manic Love, which released in 2014. I am a bit more familiar to it since I have listened to it more. As will most of Social Repose's older music, it has a sort of dubstep, electronic sound to it, which I like.
My favorite song off this album would have to be "I Will Kill Your Sadness".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XAQQz5syl20






The next and latest album Social Repose has come up with is Yalta, which was released only last year. It was the first album where I had discovered and gotten into Social Repose. Through his YouTube channel, I have discovered several covers and some of his own music, old and new. 
https://www.youtube.com/user/SocialReposeMusic
Soon, through watching his videos, I learned about his amazing etsy shop! 
https://www.etsy.com/shop/SocialReposeMerch?ref=l2-shopheader-name
That is where I bought these cds, as well as a few shirts, and even a skype call! It was awesome and so exciting to talk to him on Skype! He a really nice and creative guy! This February, because he was on his Yalta tour, I was able to go to the concert and even meet him! He even remembered skyping with me! :D
Meeting Social Repose!! :D

It was a great concert despite his voice obviously sore from singing on tour. I got a video of him singing "If You're Thinking Of Leaving, You shouldn't", and posted it on my channel. Be sure to check it out!
Also, while I was trying to take pictures with the infamous Malibu Mike, the merch manager for It Lives, It Breathes, Social Repose and even his fellow merch managers photobombed! It was so cool! At one point, while Malibu and I were trying to take a picture together, Richie (Social Repose) had tried to photobomb. Malibu then proceeded to chase him around, with my phone, until he caught him. He accidentally had switched the camera to video and, to my luck, I got a 5 second video of them, which I posted on my Instagram! (@Sm0key_the_white_wolf)
All in all, going the concert was so fun! I received several complications on my hat as well as my earrings. Even though getting a picture was difficult since Richie was about a foot taller, it was sort of funny to see him lean in in order to get in the frame! XD
Overall, this album is my favorite by Social Repose. If I had to, I'd listen to it over and over again!

The next cd isn't an album and only contains one song: "If You're Thinking Of Leaving, You Shouldn't", by Social Repose. It goes along with the Yalta album, though, surprisingly it isn't on it. I really love the song, especially with the ukulele!


The next to last cd in my collection is Tracing Back Roots by We Came As Romans, released in 2013.
The first time I heard of this band was at Warped Tour. Though they seemed popular and a thrilling band, I heard bad reviews about their latest album. I didn't see them at Warped Tour last year since I wasn't into them. I regret not getting into them sooner.
What really got me into them was, when buying the Warped Tour 2015 Compilation, another cd to my collection, I heard one of their songs, "Regenerate".
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m51Ru5EVHp0
However, this was the only song I liked on their newest album that caught my eye, or, rather my ears. XD
I began to enjoy more and more of We Came As Romans. Though it has been quite a while since I last listened to this album, I would have to say my favorite songs are "Ghosts", "I Survive", and "Resent, Future, and Past". 
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mBMocappg0A
Because of this album cover, I was inspired to create an abstract drawing based off it. Each arm represent a point in my life, good or bad. Let me know what you think!


The final cd in my collection is the Warped Tour 2015 Compilation. I only really bought it because I saw some music played at Warped Tour that year and thought I'd give it a try.
It has two cds, each containing at least one song from each band that played. I really enjoy it, though I really should listen to it again!







I will soon be upgrading my music player again. My old Sony one (which I had for years and years!) had bit the dust one day. I bought a new player, hoping it would replace the other one, but it just doesn't cut it. The sound is okay but it doesn't have a remote. This cd player is just temporary.


In a matter of days, I will be receiving my new Bose Wave Music System IV, of course in Espresso. I am very excited to get it, as I will be able to hear some nice, good, crisp sounds again! Not only is it a cd player, but it is also a radio! The radio on my other one absolutely sucks and it's nearly IMPOSSIBLE to get a station.
Later on, I will also be buying a few accessories that alongside it.
One item I will be buying later on will be the Bose Wave bluetooth music adapter. This will allow you to play music from any bluetooth device, like iPhones, iPads, iPods, etc. That means that I would not have to have two different speakers for my digital and physical music. What a bonus!
I also might add the Bose Wave control pod, though I am not quite sure if I want it. It acts like a remote to the system, allowing easy access to turn off alarms, pause, as well as turn the system off and easy volume control! The only complaint would be that the buttons are too small to see.

Though there is an auxiliary cable I could buy, I already have one that I bought previously for the cd player I currently have.




I hope you guys liked this long blog entry and I hope that I may have sparked some new interests in music! I hope to see some of you at Warped Tour this year as well! Have a fantastic rest of your day!




No comments:

Post a Comment